Legendary boxer Mike Tyson won’t be stepping into the ring with social media star Jake Paul, a representative for the former champion told Forbes , shooting down a rumor sparked by tabloid reports claiming the two were planning a showdown in Las Vegas later this year.
Jo Mignano, a representative for Tyson, called the reports “totally false” and said the 55-year-old heavyweight “thinks the Paul brothers are great but isn’t nor will he fight either one of them.” Monday, tabloid The Sun claimed an associate of Tyson’s said the former boxer and Paul, 25, were in “advanced talks” to headline a nearly $50 million pay-per-view fight. Last week, Forbes named Paul the second-highest earning YouTuber of 2021, with 90% of his $45 million earnings coming from his boxing bouts with top athletes like Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley. Paul’s older brother Logan Paul, 26, who was the ninth top-earning YouTuber with $18 million, was also rumored to have a fight with Tyson in the works. Paul has not yet responded to Forbes’ request for comment.